The OZON Group has today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012
The company’s growth rate is reported at 78% in USD, up to $232M, and 91%* in Rubles, up to 7.1B Rubles.
"After coming off of a benchmark year for The OZON Group, 2012 began with the pivotal acquisition of Sapato.ru which has strengthened the already fortified leadership of OZON in the marketplace," said Maelle Gavet, CEO of OZON Holdings. "Efforts for the past six months have been concentrated on furthering the growth of OZON as a whole while blending Sapato.ru and OZON.ru to band together seamlessly. It has been a very organic and prolific progression."
- More than 11.1 million registered users
- Monthly traffic to all OZON sites is greater than 17,300,000 unique visits per month
- OZON.ru reports 2,200,000 in range of goods
- OZON.travel reports 500 airlines and 160,000 hotels are currently available for order
- Sapato.ru currently offers over 200,000 shoes and accessories
- O-Courier reports delivery of orders to 2,100 pick-up-points across the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan
- O-Courier is currently sub-contracted out by over 70 small businesses in the cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg
- Continued focus and emphasis on business growth and development
- OZON.ru will begin testing fulfillment services for independent merchants
- Construction of OZON’s second warehouse will be completed ahead of schedule featuring:
– 16,200 square meters of floor space
– 700-800 new employees
– 6-7 million new units of product
"We are very excited about the addition of a new warehouse space which will, upon completion, boost our warehouse capacity to over 28,000 square meters and allow for housing of over 9 million units of product," said Gavet. "Our vision for OZON, a company offering unlimited product, a boundless delivery network and meticulous customer service, continues to flourish and rapidly advance in the marketplace."________________________________________
*91% is a pro-forma number. The OZON Group acquired SAPATO in February 2012, but to calculate the growth rate between S1 2011 and S1 2012, OZON has included SAPATO fully for both semesters.
About OZON The OZON Group is comprised of four businesses which cover the different aspects of e-commerce – OZON.ru, O-Courier, OZON travel and Sapato.ru. OZON Group is a privately-held company, whose main investors are Baring Vostok Private Equity, Index Ventures and ru-Net Ltd, as well as Rakuten, Intel Capital, Holtzbrinck and Cisco.
OZON.ru – Founded in 1998, OZON.ru is the leading online store in Russia. With more than 750,000 unique visitors to the site daily, OZON.ru offers the largest assortment of goods with more than 2.2 million items listed. Sales are balanced between the 12 different product categories: books (34.3%), electronics (33.7%), DVD, software, games and music, mums & kids products, sports and beauty, antiques, and much more.
O-Courier – O-Courier is OZON’s dedicated delivery service. The company is responsible for the order delivery and collection of goods purchased through OZON.ru. Today, O-Courier operates a network of companies and agents in the more than 130 cities across the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan, ensuring the delivery of orders by courier from one of 2,100 delivery points. In addition to fulfillment for OZON.ru, the company offers its services to more than 70 smaller e-commerce players.
OZON.travel – OZON.travel, the leading Russian online travel agency, began as spin-off of OZON.ru in 2009. OZON.travel allows consumers to book hotel rooms and to purchase online train and airline tickets with selection of over 500 airlines to choose from. There are currently 160,000 hotel rooms offered along with medical travel insurance.
Sapato.ru – Sapato.ru is Russia’s leading online shoe and accessories retailer. Launched in June 2010, and acquired by OZON in February 2012, Sapato.ru offers in total more than 200,000 pairs of women’s, men’s and children’s shoes, bags and accessories with selection from over 200 brands.