Baring Vostok — a leader in PRIVATE EQUITY in Russia
Baring Vostok Private Equity Funds
Six funds in 20 years
Committed Capital, $160 mln1994
FNIS RF205 mln2001
BVPEF III1100+302 mln2007
+Supplemental Fund1273+212 mln2012
Diversified PortfolioBy sectors, %By stages, %By control level, %
Ten key investment criteria
- Strong management team with economic incentives aligned with investors and a common vision for the future.
- Straightforward, realistic and sustainable business plan.
- Barriers to entry, such as long-term licensing, established brands and high replacement cost of assets.
- Leading market position of the company in the industry, market niche or region.
- Ownership structure ensuring investors’ control over proceeds from the company’s activities.
- Potential for funds to add value to the company.
- Constructive relations with federal and local authorities.
- Clean balance sheet with limited debt, and balanced foreign currency exposure.
- Positive operating cash flow or ability to attain it within 12 months of investment.
- Reasonable entry valuation which allows the Funds to achieve a high return on capital under realistic long-term scenario.